The gravity of the importance attached to mental condition some years back is comparatively low when measure beside the level of attention given to mental condition of people by various health and non- health organization across the globe these recent years. The level at which mental related violence and vices in the world community has increased. Genocide, suicide, kidnapping and other cruel activies has been instigated by one mental illness or the other. Though, this, as a cause of these vices might not be publicly exposed but proper investigation as revealed mental disorder as a major cause of societal vices. The delicate thing about mental health condition is that it is mostly personal. Unlike physical health status where people notice whatever is going on with you without you telling them. For mental health issue to be easily observe from a person that shows such mental issue has reached a critical stage in such person and therefore, such an individual can not contain it without public notice. So as a person, it is essential you pay close attention to your mental health status. It can easily go out of control with the false notion that you have it under control.
Do not stay too from your Psychologist if you have one. If not, you can BOOK a session with Anthia Wint of Finest Herbal Mobile Shop for worthy therapy session that covers your mental health examination.
Mental health is the basis source for emotions, thinking, communication, learning, resilience and self-views. Mental health is a great integer that determines ones relationships, personal and emotional status. It likewise contributing to your community or society directly or indirectly.
Majority who suffer one form of mental illness or the other do not want to talk about it to other people. That kills. Of course, it is not a stigma not is it a death sentence. Just like any other ailment, it is a medical illness. Continuous research and studies are on going in various level to full understand the health proponent of the brain therefore understand the mental capacity of every individual. Human beings mental condition needs deep and extensive knowledge of what it takes to care and maintain their mental health condition. People of different quality can affect anyone regardless of your age, gender, geography, income, social status, race or ethnicity, religion or spirituality, sexual orientation, background or other aspect of cultural identity. Also without respect of age, Statistics shows that even adolescent suffer mental issues. According to World Health Organization (WHO) “An estimated 10-20% of adolescents globally experience mental health conditions, yet these remain underdiagnosed and undertreated” . Also a Psychiatristic research in America shows nearly one in five that is 19% of U.S. adults experience some form of mental illness.
Mental health and physical health can closely be associated. Mental health is vital in your ability to maintain good physical health. Mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety that affect your ability to participate in health-promoting behaviors. Therefore, trouble with physical health, such as chronic diseases, can have a serious impact on mental health and decrease a person’s ability to participate in treatment and recovery.
What are the common mental health illnesses ?
The visibility of mental disorder that has been diagnosed in the past and treated relatively are listed below. But it most be noted that the list of mental illnesses are not limited to these;
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Panic Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
All the aforementioned mental disordered are delicate to your sanity but in this article, focus shall be on depression. Other will be treated in my subsequent article on this blog, just stay at alert for it.
According to World Health Organization ( WHO) “Depression is a common mental disorder and one of the main causes of disability worldwide. Globally, an estimated 264 million people are affected by depression. More women are affected than men”.
Depression is characterized by sadness, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, tiredness, and poor concentration.
Depression varies from usual mood fluctuations and short-lived emotional responses to challenges in everyday life. Especially when long-lasting and with moderate or severe intensity, depression may become a serious health condition. It can cause the affected person to suffer greatly and function mildly at work, at school and in the family. In worst cases, depression leads to suicide. Close to 800 000 people die due to suicide every year. Suicide is the second leading cause of death in 15-29-year-olds persons.
According to the WHO there are two types of depression, namely ;
Recurrent depressive disorder: this disorder involves repeated depressive episodes. During these episodes, the person experiences depressed mood, loss of interest and enjoyment, and reduced energy leading to diminished activity for at least two weeks.
Bipolar affective disorder: this type of depression typically consists of both manic and depressive episodes separated by periods of normal mood. Manic episodes involve elevated or irritable mood, over-activity, pressure of speech, inflated self-esteem and a decreased need for sleep.
Causes of Depression
There are numbers of possible causes of depression in this modern world. Causes include:
- Hereditary trait: You are at a more likely risk for developing depression when you have a family history of depression.
- Childhood trauma: Some childhood experiences affect the way your mental stimulus reacts to fear and stressful situations.
- Brain structure: There is a higher risk for depression if the frontal lobe of your brain is less active. Though, scientists do not know if this happens before or after the onset of depressive symptoms.
- Physical medical condition: Your physical medical conditions may put you at higher risk when you are a patient of some chronic sickness such as insomnia, chronic pain, or attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Drug Abuse: A history of drug or alcohol abuse can affect your chance on depression.
- Social or peer pressure: This is a modern signal that move most youth into depression.
- Low self-esteem or lack self-love
- Personal history of mental illness
- Melancholic or stressful events such as dear of a loved one, a divorce, lost of job etc.
- Symptoms of Depression
- Mood changes ranging among anger, aggressiveness, irritability, anxiousness, restlessness
- Shallow emotional well-being, such as feeling empty, sad, hopeless
- Behavior change such as loss of interest, no longer finding pleasure in favorite activities, feeling tired easily, thoughts of suicide, drinking excessively, using drugs, engaging in high-risk activities
- Discouragement in Sexual activities such as reduced sexual desire, lack of sexual performance
- Cognitive abilities, such as inability to concentrate, difficulty completing tasks, delayed responses during conversations
- Sign of hopelessness.
- Self isolation.
How do to fight Depression
- The first step to overcoming depression is to open up to someone over state of your mental health. It is important you share the burden(s) that is forcing you into depression with the person.
- Consult a psychologist or mental health practitional to have a first hand advise and lifestyle coach to help you out.
- Filtrate the manner of information you take into your mental faculty. Do not take unnecessary things to heart or practice habit that will consequently affect your mental balance.
- Have a good stress management technique. Or you reduce your engagement in activities that stress your mental being.
Check Our 100% Organic Remedies
No products were found matching your selection.