What Is Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED), or impotence, is defined as the inability to attain or maintain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. It is estimated to affect around 5 percent of men over the age of 40 and up to 25 percent of men over the age of 65.
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be physical or psychological. Physical causes of ED include conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and conditions of the prostate. Low testosterone levels can also contribute to the problem. Psychological causes can range from stress and depression to unresolved relationship issues.
It’s important to get treatment for erectile dysfunction as soon as possible, as it can be a sign of a more serious underlying health issue. The most common treatments for ED include lifestyle changes such as exercising, losing weight, and quitting smoking.
Causes Erectile Dysfunction
A range of health-related factors can lead to ED. Cardiovascular issues are a common cause, due to the effect of poor circulation on erectile tissue. Diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol can also put men at risk, as can kidney and liver disease. Some medications—such as those used to treat prostate cancer or depression—can lead to ED, as can excessive intake of antihistamines or other drugs.
Injury to the penis, urethra, or pelvic spinal cord—as can result from an accident or surgery—can also result in ED. Psychological factors such as stress, depression, or relationship troubles can contribute to the condition as well, interfering with the brain’s ability to stimulate an erection. Even lifestyle factors, such as smoking, excessive drinking, or an unhealthy diet can play a role.
Early Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction.
The earliest symptom of ED is a subtle change in erection quality. If a man notices that his erections are not as strong as they used to be, it is likely a sign of ED. Additionally, if a man notices it is taking longer for him to get an erection, that could also be an indication of ED. A man may also experience a decrease in the number of morning erections he experiences, since these occur due to a surge in testosterone.
Changes to libido or sex drive are also warning signs of ED. If a man experiences a decrease in libido, or a decline in sexual desire, it may be the onset of ED. Loss of morning erections or difficulty achieving erections in general can also lead to a decline in libido or a decrease in sexual desire.
Another concern is the inability to ejaculate during intercourse. A man with ED may find that he is unable to ejaculate during intercourse due to ED, as erectile dysfunction can hinder the ejaculation process.
It is important to note that while these symptoms may indicate ED, they can also be caused by other medical issues. Therefore, it is always advisable to speak with a doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms. A medical professional can properly assess the cause of the symptoms and provide an appropriate treatment.
While ED can be an embarrassing condition to discuss, speaking up sooner rather than later can be beneficial for the health and wellbeing of the patient. Therefore, if you suspect that you are experiencing the early symptoms of ED, it is important to speak to a health practitioner. Taking the necessary steps can help to manage the condition before it progresses, and allow men to get back to enjoying a fulfilling sex life.
10 Negative Effects Of Erectile Dysfunction.
Here are 10 negative effects of ED:
1. Loss of Libido: ED can lead to reduced libido and a lack of sexual desire. This can have a negative impact on a man’s relationship and cause problems in his relationship or marriage.
2. Depression: The psychological effects of ED can lead to depression and result in decreased self-esteem and self-confidence.
3. Stress: The inability to perform sexually, especially when it is unexpected or unwanted, can create a lot of stress and anxiety.
4. Relationship Problems: ED can lead to a partner feeling rejected, which can cause tension in the relationship.
5. Reduced Quality of Life: ED can lead to a reduced quality of life in both physical and emotional terms.
6. Low Self-Esteem: As men attempt to come to terms with their ED, there can be a decrease in self-esteem.
7. Frustration: ED may lead to frustration for a man and his partner as they struggle to cope with this condition.
8. Performance Anxiety: Having ED can lead to anxiety about sexual performance because a man may worry about not being able to achieve and maintain an erection.
9. Sleep Problems: ED can lead to disturbed sleep, restlessness, and fatigue.
10. Financial Problems: ED can be expensive to treat, and it can lead to financial problems as well.
ED is a condition that can have far-reaching effects on a man’s relationships, physical and mental health, and quality of life. Therefore, if you or someone you know is suffering from ED, it is important to seek professional help.
15 effective Herbal Remedy For Treating Erectile Dysfunction
Here are 15 effective herbal remedies for treating erectile dysfunction that you may want to consider:
1. Gingko Biloba: This popular herb, derived from the Ginkgo biloba tree, is one of the most widely-researched and effective treatments for erectile dysfunction. It has been shown to improve blood flow and circulation, which can relieve symptoms of ED.
2. Horny Goat Weed: A traditional remedy, horny goat weed (Epimedium grandiflorum) has been used for centuries in Asia to treat various problems related to sexual health. It works by improving blood flow to the penis, which helps to improve erections.
3. Panax Ginseng: This herb, often referred to as Asian ginseng, is another traditional remedy used in Chinese medicine. It is believed that Panax ginseng works by increasing nitric oxide, which can help improve blood flow and erection quality.
4. Tribulus Terrestris: Tribulus terrestris is an herb commonly found in Ayurvedic medicine. It has been shown to improve libido, sexual performance, and erection quality.
5. Maca: Maca is a root vegetable grown in Peru. It is known to boost sexual desire, increase libido, and improve erectile function.
6. Yohimbe: Yohimbe is derived from the bark of a West African evergreen tree. It is believed to help the body produce nitric oxide, which helps to improve blood flow and can lead to stronger erections.
7. Muira Puama: This herb, derived from a tree native to Brazil, is known for its ability to fight fatigue and stimulate libido. It also increases blood circulation, which can help improve erectile dysfunction.
8. Catuaba Bark: Derived from the bark of a tree native to Brazil, catuaba bark is known for its ability to enhance sexual performance. It is believed to work by stimulating nerve endings and increasing blood flow to the penis.
9. Damiana: Damiana is an herb native to Mexico and Central America. It has been used for centuries to improve libido and sexual performance. It works by stimulating the body to produce testosterone and nitric oxide, which are both important for erectile function.
10. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a popular herb in Indian medicine. It is thought to help the body cope with stress and improve circulation. It also helps increase testosterone levels, which can lead to better erections.
11. Saw Palmetto: Saw palmetto is a berry from a tree found in the southeastern United States. It is known for its ability to improve prostate health and can help treat erectile dysfunction. It works by blocking the action of the hormone testosterone, which can lead to better erectile function.
12. Ginkgo Biloba: This popular herb is derived from the Ginkgo biloba tree. It increases circulation and increases the levels of nitric oxide in the body. This can help improve the quality of erections.
13. Avena Sativa: Avena sativa is derived from oats. It has been used traditionally to treat impotence and it is believed to increase testosterone levels and improve circulation.
14. Red Ginseng: Red ginseng is a popular herbal remedy derived from the Asian ginseng plant. It increases blood flow and can potentially improve erectile dysfunction.
15. Garlic: Garlic is a potent antioxidant that can increase nitric oxide levels and improve blood circulation. This can help improve erection quality and can be a great natural remedy for treating erectile dysfunction.
These are just some of the more effective herbal remedies for treating erectile dysfunction. If you are looking for a more natural approach to treating this condition, then one of these remedies may be a good place to start. Be sure to speak with your doctor before taking herbal supplements, as some may interact with other medications or have side effects.
Note: Do not attempt to use any of those herbs with getting directions, we already included 3 remedies you can prepare below.
3 Home Made Remedies For Treating Erectile Dysfunction
Here is a look at 3 herbal remedies that you can prepare when dealing with erectile dysfunction:
1) Yohimbe bark: Yohimbe bark is believed to have an aphrodisiac effect and to help improve erectile dysfunction symptoms. A dosage of 500–1,000 mg per day is recommended.
2) Maca root: Maca root is traditionally used as a sexual enhancer and has been found to improve erectile dysfunction in some cases. A dosage of 1,500 mg per day is recommended.
3) Horny goat weed: Horny goat weed is used in traditional Chinese medicine as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. A dosage of 400–600 mg per day is recommended.
These herbal remedies can be taken as supplements or prepared at home. To make teas: steep 1 teaspoon of dried herb in 1 cup of hot water for 10 to 20 minutes. For tinctures: mix 1 part herb to 5 parts Alcohol for a tincture that is dosed at 1 teaspoon 3 times a day. It is also possible to mix these herbs into a salve or anointing oil.
These herbal remedies are considered to be safe, but it is important to speak to your an Herbal Therapist before starting to take any herbal supplement. This is especially important if you are already taking medication, as the herbs may interact with certain medications.
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction and are looking for an alternative way to alleviate your symptoms, then these herbal remedies may be the right choice for you. With the right dosage and preparation, they can help improve sexual performance, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
It is important to be aware of the risks associated with all remedies before using them, as they can be dangerous if not used correctly. It is important to talk to an Herbalist before taking any herbal remedy and to always purchase high-quality ingredients when making your remedies.
Join Our wellness club to learn how to treat erectile dysfunction and other health conditions