In 2009, The World Health Organization [WHO] attributed 13% of all death globally to high blood pressure, making it an area of prime importance in public health in both developing and developed nations. High blood pressure is also called Hypertension and nick named “Silent killer’’ High blood pressure [Hypertension] is the high tension in the arteries, which are the vessels that carry blood from the heart to the rest of the body. Blood pressure readings can vary in single person throughout a single day depending on the situation. Factors that determine are such as stress, anxiety, foods eaten, smoking or exercise can cause pressure to rise. The American Heart Association defines normal blood pressure as less than 120\80. Elevated blood pressure ranges between 120\80 and 129\80, and high blood pressure is 130\80 and higher. In pregnancy, normal blood pressure should be below 120\80. “Almost half of all adults in the United States have high blood pressure, but many are not aware of the fact” According to standard report.
Symptoms of high blood pressure [HBP]
It is difficult to notice and tangible symptoms of high blood pressure, that is one of the reasons that attract its nick name “ Silent killer ”. It is important to check your blood pressure level regularly.
In occasion, high blood pressure causes Sweats, anxiety, sleeping problem, blushing but it most be understood that these mentioned signs are uncertain. Also if I blood pressure becomes a hypertensive crisis, it attracts headaches and nosebleeds.
Risk and complications of high blood pressure
If high blood pressure is not notice on time or it is not properly manage. It complications can develop into the following:
- Heart failure or heart attacks
- Kidney failure
- Hypertensive retinopathies which can lead to blindness
- Aneurysm: abnormal bulge in the arteries
What causes the risk factors of high blood pressure
- Age: it is common among the people in the age of 60 and above due to the fact that the condition of the arteries weaken and stiffen along with old age
- Alcohol and Tobacco: regular consumption of large quantities of these items increase the level of body blood pressure
- Excessive consumption of salt and salty substances
- Low intake of potassium
- Gender: According to a review carried out in 2018, Male are more expose to high blood pressure than female. Female tends to experience it after menopause.
- Body size and weight is a primary risk factor of high blood pressure. High percentage of people in obesity naturally suffers high blood pressure without coming foul of other cause factors.
- Health condition: existing health history can cause high blood pressure. Diseases like diabetes, chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular disease.
Ways to avoid high blood pressure
- Avoid or reduce the consumption of alcohol and tobacco intake
- Manage and monitor your body weight
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Reduce the intake of salt and salty substances
- Consult your medical advisor regularly. If you do not have any yet, you can click HERE to book a session with Herbalist Therapist expert Anthia Wint of Finest Herbal Shop. You can also check out Our effective and trusted herbs that work on healing high blood pressure bellow.