What is organic honey.
Organic honey is one of nature’s most nutritious, natural products and its many health benefits have been proven through centuries of use. Organic honey is a potent source of antioxidants, which are known to ward off certain diseases and slow the aging process. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it a powerful remedy for many different types of illnesses. In addition, it is a natural energy booster and can even help regulate blood sugar levels.
Organic honey has high levels of enzymes and vitamins, minerals, and natural antioxidants which make it an ideal choice for anyone looking to improve their health and wellbeing. Antioxidants work by neutralizing naturally occurring “free radicals,” which are molecules in the body that are caused by pollution, unhealthy diets and stress. Free radicals can damage cells and contribute to chronic health problems such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes. By consuming organic honey, one can help to reduce the risk of many of these problems.
Organic honey also contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, chloride, zinc and selenium, which are all important for the body’s functioning and growth. It helps to boost the body’s immunity and thus protects it from many common illnesses. The natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal components of organic honey can also help treat skin conditions like eczema.
Organic honey is an excellent source of dietary energy and can be used as a natural sweetener. It is lower on the Glycemic Index than refined sugars, making it a better choice for those who are looking to avoid spikes in their blood sugar levels. It is also a great way to add flavor to foods and drinks, as it is a sweeter alternative to other sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup.
In short, organic honey is an excellent natural remedy for various ailments, and it provides a number of nutritious benefits. It can help ward of disease, improve immunity, boost energy levels, and provide natural sweetness to dishes and beverages. For these reasons, many people are making the switch from refined sugar to organic honey and thus, reaping the health benefits.
35 herbal remedies you can make with original honey
Honey, a natural sweetener known around the world, has been used in folk medicine for centuries. Its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties, combined with its palatability, have made it a popular choice among natural health practitioners.
There are a variety of ways to use honey for medicinal purposes, and below are 35 herbal remedies you can make with original honey.
1. Sleep Aid: This is a common way to use honey for insomnia and other sleep difficulties. Simply add a tablespoon of honey to a warm glass of milk and enjoy before bedtime.
2. Skin Soother: For relief of dry or irritated skin, mix a tablespoon of honey with a few drops of lavender oil and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply the mixture to your skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off.
3. Immune Booster: This remedy is beneficial for boosting the immune system. Mix equal parts of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice, add a pinch of ground ginger, and drink daily for best results.
4. Digestive Aid: Honey is a natural aid for common digestive problems, such as acid reflux, stomach cramps, and nausea. Mix a tablespoon of honey with a cup of warm water and drink.
5. Treatment for Sore Throat: To soothe a sore throat, mix a tablespoon of honey with a half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one cup of hot water. Gargle with the mixture until it is all gone.
6. Natural Appetite Suppressant: To curb cravings, combine one part honey with one part apple cider vinegar and sip throughout the day as needed.
7. Muscle Pain Relief: To soothe muscle pain, mix a tablespoon of honey with two tablespoons of epsom salts and a half a cup of warm water. Mix until dissolved and soak in the bath for 20 minutes to get relief.
8. Hair Remedy: To restore vitality to dull hair, mix a tablespoon of honey with one egg yolk, one banana, and a half cup of plain yogurt. Apply for 10-15 minutes to your hair, and then rinse out with lukewarm water.
9. Natural Deodorant: For a natural deodorant, mix one part baking soda with two parts honey and apply under arms.
10. Cough Syrup: For a natural cough syrup, mix a mixture of equal parts honey, lemon juice, and whiskey. Take a tablespoon when needed for soothing effects.
11. Acne Remedy: For quick relief from blemishes, apply a paste of honey and cinnamon powder on the affected area and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
12. Weight Loss Tool: For weight loss, mix a tablespoon of honey with a half teaspoon of ground ginger and warm water. Drink on an empty stomach every morning.
13. Skin Toner: Honey can be used as a skin toner. Just mix one part honey with two parts rose water and apply on your face using a cotton ball.
14. Detox Treatment: To aid your body’s natural detoxification process, mix honey, lemon juice, and warm water and drink 30 minutes before breakfast.
15. Natural Facial Mask: For an all-natural facial mask, combine one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of almond oil, and two teaspoons of white clay. Spread the mixture evenly on your face and neck, and let sit for 15 minutes before washing off.
16. Wrinkle Reducer: Honey is a great natural wrinkle reducer. Just mix one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of wheat germ oil and apply to wrinkles. Leave the mixture on for 20 minutes before washing off.
17. Strengthen Nails: To strengthen brittle nails, soak your nails for 10-15 minutes in a mixture of honey and warm water.
18. Foot Soak: For a soothing foot soak, mix two cups of honey with one gallon of warm water. Soak your feet in the mixture for 30 minutes.
19. Itch Relief: For relief from bug bites and other skin rashes, apply honey directly on the affected area and cover with a bandage.
20. Sunburn Relief: For relief of sunburns, apply a paste of honey and aloe vera directly to sunburned areas, and cover with a bandage.
21. Heal Cuts and Bruises: To heal cuts and bruises, mix equal parts of honey and turmeric powder and apply directly on affected area.
22. Migraine Relief: To reduce intensity of migraines, mix one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a pinch of black pepper and drink.
23. Flu Fighter: To help fight flu symptoms, mix one part honey with two parts lemon juice and drink.
24. Sinus Remedy: For quick relief from sinus pressure, mix a tablespoon of honey with one-half teaspoon of ground ginger and a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Place a few drops in each nostril and sniff.
25. Earache Remedy: Honey can help to soothe earaches. Simply mix a teaspoon of warm honey with a teaspoon of vinegar and use this mixture as an ear drop.
26. Asthma Remedy: To help relieve asthma symptoms, mix one part honey with two parts apple cider vinegar and drink.
27. Allergy Relief: To ease seasonal allergies, mix one part honey with two parts lemon juice and drink.
28. UTI Cure: For relief from urinary tract infections, mix equal parts of honey and cranberry juice and drink.
29. Detoxifier: To aid in detoxification, mix one part honey with two parts warm water and drink.
30. Wound Healer: Honey has natural antibacterial properties, which makes it a great remedy for wound healing. Just apply honey directly to the wound and cover with a bandage.
31. Natural Exfoliator: For a natural exfoliant, mix one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of almond oil and apply to face.
32. Throat Lozenge: To soothe a sore throat, dissolve a tablespoon of honey in hot water and slowly gargle the mixture.
33. Stress Reliever: To reduce stress, mix one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of lavender essential oil and one teaspoon of almond oil and apply to temples, wrists, and back of the neck.
34. Digestive Support: To regulate digestion, mix two tablespoons of honey with one teaspoon of ground ginger and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and drink.
35. Hangover Cure: To cure a hangover, mix a teaspoon of honey with a glass of lemon juice and a dash of cayenne pepper and drink.
Honey can be used for a variety of ailments and is a great natural remedy. These 35 herbal remedies utilizing honey are just a few of the many. Try one of the remedies above to maximize its healing capabilities and reap the benefits of natural medicine.
How to identify organic honey
Organic honey should be identified as honey from bees that are managed according to the standards of organic beekeeping, which means the beekeepers don’t use any kind of synthetic chemicals, antibiotics, or growth hormones on the bees. Organic honey is the purest form of honey available, and it has many benefits, such as higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and medicinal properties.
The most important thing to look for when you’re trying to identify organic honey is labelling. Organic honey should come with a label that clearly states it has been certified organic. Check to make sure the label shows the honey is certified by a reputable certifying authority, such as USDA, EU, or JAS (Japan). Labels may also include other symbols such as Bio, Eco and Organic.
Another way to identify organic honey is to check the colour. Organic honey is usually a dark golden colour, while non-organic honey is often a light golden colour. You can also look for any pollen grains in the honey. If the honey contains pollen grains, it’s most likely organic. Since organic beekeepers keep their bees in a clean and natural environment, it’s very unlikely that the pollen grains have come from a non-organic source.
Finally, you can also look for the flavour. Organic honey usually has a deeper and richer flavour than non-organic honey. You may detect notes of fruit, flowers, or herbs in organic honey, as these are typically associated with organic botanical sources.
By following these steps, you can easily identify organic honey so you can experience its many benefits. Organic honey can be a healthy and delicious addition to your diet, and knowing how to identify it correctly is key to finding the best quality honey.
Five healthy recipes made with honey.
As healthy eaters, we all strive to not only be conscious of what we eat but of how it’s prepared. It’s always best to opt for natural ingredients such as honey when whipping up our favorite dishes. Honey is a natural sweetener that imparts great flavor to both savory and sweet recipes. Here are five healthy recipes you can make using honey:
1. Honey Glazed Salmon – This classic dish is always a crowd-pleaser. Marinating the salmon in a honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger sauce and baking it in the oven creates a flavorful, juicy main.
2. Honey Yogurt with Granola – Start your morning off right with this well-rounded breakfast! Rich honey plays off of creamy Greek yogurt while crunchy granola provides the perfect balance to the sweet flavor of honey.
3. Honey Garlic Chicken – A simple marinade of honey, garlic and a few other ingredients can give you a delicious and healthy dinner in about 30 minutes.
4. Honey Mustard Dressing – Nothing upgrades a salad more than a flavorful, homemade dressing. This version is made with a combination of honey, mustard, olive oil and white wine vinegar for a tangy, sweet and delicious salad topping.
5. Honey and Cinnamon Overnight Oats – This filling and nutritious breakfast requires just a few ingredients and can be prepped the night before. Toss in a few items like chia seeds, nuts and nuts and you’ve got a tasty and healthy way to kick-start your day.
These five recipes prove that honey is a great way to add a level of nutritional value and flavor to your meals. Try these recipes out and enjoy the natural sweetness of honey!